- You can read about the order and delivery process in our Terms & Conditions.
- Chalk & Moss works with individual designer/makers who make and send the products to you. All orders and liaison takes place with Chalk & Moss only.
- We support the slow design movement, making quality over quantity. We want you to savour the anticipation of getting your products. Research shows that you’ll love your things all the more for the wait, and hopefully cherish them for longer! The products you buy from Chalk & Moss are often carefully handmade just for you. The maximum lead time is included on each product page. This doesn’t mean you can’t get surprised with an early delivery!
- If you would like to have something delivered outside the UK, we’ll be happy to arrange this for you! Just drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The cost of shipping is specified in the “Shipping” tab for each product, and is charged at a low flat rate, and free on orders over £100. Shipping costs will be calculated in your basket and on the checkout page. However, please note that large or delicate orders to be shipped outside of the UK may incur additional shipping charge. Please contact us before placing your order on email@example.com for an accurate shipping cost, which will be applied so you can make your order.
- For orders to be shipped to North America, please note that you may be charged for local import duties and customs charges on the arrival of the goods in your country. This is out of our control and you are responsible for paying any such charges.
- Products are sent either by standard post or courier, depending on value, size or weight. The shipping method varies depending on the products, but care is taken to ensure your order’s safety. Please refer to the individual product page for further details on lead times, particularly if the product is not in stock when the order has been placed, as most products are made to order for you.
- Delivery and Returns conditions sometimes vary by designer (for example where Products are made to order), so check individual product pages for applicable conditions.
Returns & Cancellations
- We replace or refund products if they are faulty, defective, or if we
shipped the wrong product.
- Chalk & Moss will cover the return postage for faulty or broken products.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a photograph of the damaged product within 48 hours of receipt, to arrange the refund and return if applicable. If and when your return has been received, it will be inspected and, if approved, the return will be processed and the refund automatically applied to your card.
- You may need to keep the product and packaging for 28 days.
Non faulty products:
- Provided the product has not been custom made to your specification or it is faulty, you can change your mind and return the product within 14 days from date of receiving the product for a refund or exchange. You must then return the product within 14 days from notifying us. We’ll refund the product within 14 days of confirming the refund, less the shipping cost.
Shipping costs are not refunded for returns. For exchanges, we’ll cover the return postage. Please do not return the Products before contacting us. Please email email@example.com with your order number in the subject line, and your name and address in the message body, along with what you wish to return or exchange.
- Products returned must be unused, in the same condition as you received them, and in the original packaging, with proof of shipping. We strongly recommend insuring against loss or damage, as you are responsible for their safe return. Unfortunately, we cannot refund returned products if they are lost in post without tracking ID.
- Some products are non-cancelable and non-refundable, unless products are faulty, defective or the incorrect products was shipped. These include, but are not limited to:
- Personalised products made to your specific request or commission that can’t be resold due to a bespoke element (aside from standard customisation options offered)
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Products with a hygiene seal (e.g. cosmetics or underwear), where the seal is broken
- Jewellery with hygiene considerations (like earrings)
- High value products made to order, such as furniture
Please check whether a product is cancelable or non-cancelable before ordering.
- Please don’t destroy or throw away any product, even if it’s faulty, before you’ve spoken to us and agreed that doing so won’t affect any refund you may be entitled to.
- We will process the refund directly to your payment card, in no more than:
- 14 days after the day the returned product is received; or
- if earlier, 14 days after the date you provide evidence that you have returned the product; or
- if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which you informed us about your decision to cancel your order.
- If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
European Online Dispute Resolution
- If you have made a complaint and have exhausted all of the dispute resolution options available to you through our the Site, the EU Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution Platform (ODR) can be accessed by this link: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
Last amended 14 March 2018